Now that I have my wonderful amazing fantastic beautiful Kitchen Aide Stand Mixer, I have been wanting to bake constantly! It makes everything so much easier! So last night I just NEEDED to bake something, and I thought to myself... I haven't made cookies in forever! Not literally forever but at least a year! Which is kind of the same thing! I have been so focused on baking cupcakes lately that I've forgotten about all the other amazing things I could be making! So I've decided to start expanding my recipe box! Starting with White Chocolate CHocolate Chip Cookies! YUM!
So here's how I did it!
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (I used golden but you could also use dark!)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (I like to use the real vanilla rather than artificial!)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Now onto the fun part... Let's Create!
1. Preheat your oven to 325˚F. Grease your cookie sheet or line with parchment paper!
2. Sift together your flour, salt and baking soda in a medium sized bowl and set aside
3. In another medium sized bowl, cream together your melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended! (I used my Kitchen Aide Stand Mixer, but you can also use an electric hand mixer)
4. Beat in your egg and egg yolk and vanilla until light and creamy
5. Mix in your sifted ingredients until just blended
6. Stir in your chocolate chips and white chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon
7. Drop cookie dough onto cookie sheet! Try to keep them about 3 inches apart
8. Bake for 15-17 minutes until the edges are lightly toasted.
9. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack!
10. EAT ALL THE COOKIES!!!... or share with friends and family :)
I hope you all enjoy these cookies as much as me and my boyfriend do! They are yummy yummy! Cookies just happen to be one of my favourite foods! Right under cake, of course!
Have a wonderful day! :)